Solar panel prices have come down considerably over past few decades…and really in todays world what has come down in price?!…combine this fact with the steadily increasing hydro costs …SOLAR JUST MAKES SENSE…both financially & environmentally speaking.
Reports show that the average cost of solar cells has gone from $76.67/watt in 1977 to just $0.49/watt on July 15, 2016, and the average price of a solar cell at $0.26/watt. That shows solar is well over 130 times cheaper within 38 years!
GabEnergy is a nonprofit society and we sell all equipment at cost price; the same Grade A pricing we get from our supplier plus an administration fee of (no more than) 12.5% (cash/check or wire transfer only).
Since solar PV equipment costs do fluctuate and we are often privy to “act-fast” time limited special pricing from our supplier, be sure to contact us for current pricing and special deals.
To “ballpark” your system cost we suggest you budget on about $3 a watt installed. Currently we are finding fully installed system costs will range from $2.25 a watt for a DIY project to $2.95-$3.25 a watt, for a professionally installed system.
Pricing & Equipment Example – 10 kW roof mount complete PV & hardware system
with online monitoring and all necessary mounting hardware (portrait layout of 2 rows of 12 + 1 row of 11) :
- 35 – 285 watt PV modules
- 35 – Microinverters
- 35 – 208/240 Drop Cables
- 1 – Envoy Online Metering System
- 3 – Branch Terminators
- 24 – 10 ft Rails
- 23 – Splice Bars/Side Mount
- 72 – Tee Feet
- 72 – Flashing (for Tee Feet)
- 72 – Fast Bore Screws & Gaskets
- 64 – Cliclok Mid Clips
- 12 – Cliclok End Clips
Equipment Cost with our Standard Pricing = $18,750*
- This pricing does not include shipping, GST, installation and administration/sales associate fee (of no more than) 12.5%.
- We estimate that shipping will be in the $550 range and this could be lower with multiple combined orders.
The ALL-IN landed price (equipment, taxes, GabEnergy admin/sales fees & with shipping estimate to Central Vancouver Island area) on this example 10 kW system is $23,300*
Note: further discounts and savings may very well be realized
- Customized sizes can be quoted and ground mount options exist too.
- We can provide advice for DIY installation and provide recommendations of contractors.
10 kW System Production
- Using general sun radiation statistics/data for the Central Vancouver Island & Lower Mainland area
- Figures are assuming good, unobstructed southern exposure (minimal shading) and a 35º pitched roof
- You can expect to produce 11,321 kW.h per year
- The average household in BC Hydro’s service area uses about 11,000 kW.h per year – resulting in an annual net zero energy bill
- Then if you take into consideration that Hydro increases by about 4% a year you can start to realize how your long term savings are exponential
For more information and/or to place an order Contact Us.
*GabEnergy is a registered nonprofit organization. We are selling equipment at the current cost and consequently the final cost may be slightly higher or lower. Full payment on orders is required at the time of signing an Agreement with GabEnergy.